Re: [FW1] Multiple routers

Robert,

After trying to view your ASCII art(which didn't come
through very well), I need to ask if you have tried
to communicate from the end device(int WAN rtr)
to the outside device? Does your fw log anything
out of the ordinary?

Ping and traceroute wait for return packets. Your
systems may know how to route 'inward', but they
may not know how to route 'outward'(ex. a traceroute
could make it all the way in, but the return packet
may die 2 hops away from the return destination,
because that device didn't know where to send
packet.)

I usually will go to the device that the traceroute
reported last and start my analysis from there.

Lather, rinse and repeat until you have found
the culprit.

Let us know.
Robert

- -