RE: [FW1] FWZ vs. IKE

Title: RE: [FW1] FWZ vs. IKE

Let me jump on the bad form bandwagon here...and reply to myself...

It just dawned on me...   Can I really do a preshared secret with a user ??  My secrets that match are on the workstation the user is using and on the firewall...

In the user properties... I select IKE ..and am given the choice to use either "password" or "certificate" authentication... of course I was putting in my same user password which was the same as the preshared secret for my test workstation.. that is where I was confused and believed that the secret was properly set....

So, let me ask, can i do preshared secrets with users somehow ? or do i have to do certificates... (which, by the way, i have no idea how to make work.... so I'd like to avoid it... I'm under the impression that to do that I'd have to have a certificate server, we have a server running 2000 that doesn't have much a load on it..and we are only talking 5-10 uesrs total... but I have no idea where to start if I need to make that a cert server ... can someone point me in the right direction there... everything i read just says to make a cert server... but I need to know how ....)

Thanks for all the help

Jason