Re: [FW1] Firewall-1 cp2000 on soalris 8

    Hello Frank,

> But Xlibraries are still needed correct? (in order to display FW GUI) So
if he
> already has CDE installed
> and doesnt mind the performance hit with it running there should not be a
problem,
> security wise, correct?
    When you have the Motif license and want to use the GUI on your
firewalling machine, that's fine. We don't even have a screen on this
machine and use the NT GUI which isn't that bad about configuring the
Firewalling machine.

> As a new comer can you point us to Lance and his page? Howzabout a link to
this Doc?
    Sure, here it is : http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/ (I forgot it
yesterday, it took me 5 minutes to get it back, but the mail was already
sent)

> I had asked last week for information about the minimal packages needed
and I'm
> thinking this document would be very useful for my situation.
    It will be, for sure, it is full of interesting things.

> Meanwhile about the start up problem, look into the possibility of placing
a SU in
> the rc file so that whatever environmental variables that you need are
associated with the session as
> opposed to naked boot time root.
    I don't think an su - root -c fwstart would help a lot, try to fix your
system first.

    So long,
        Firebird