RE: [FW1] Upgrading from single FW-1 to HA

With respect to HA, Check Point requires a valid FW-1/VPN-1 license for
every node in the cluster.  My understanding is that  this is true whether
you buy Check Point's own HA module or a 3rd party product, and regardless
of whether you use an active/active load-balancing solution or an
active/passive hot-standby solution.

Here is a list of HA/LB solutions that have been tested by Check Point for
OPSEC compliance:
http://www.checkpoint.com/opsec/performance.html#HA_Load_Balancing

Mark L. Decker
Rainfinity