Re: [FW1] Problem with Configuration

Nethi / Chandru,

Pickyness. I would put a hub in between your fw and
the router. This can be a small hub(4 port will do). This
allows you the benefit of installing a sniffer and/or IDS
system if/when needed.

Are the two IP's from each of the ISP's - one from each?

What are you doing with the packets after you've identified
the source of the traffic? Can I safely assume that you have
select customers who you route to a specific systems in the
DMZ?

Are you trying to load balance your traffic? What about NAT,
are you using it? What does your logs tell you?

Yes, you can have multiple IP's per physical interface on
fw1. My guess is your running into asymetric routing issues.
Somewhere there's a large pile of packets.

What do you mean by splitting the links - which links.

What are you trying to accomplish? Sorry if some of these
questions are duh'ish.

Robert

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer