Re: [FW1] Maximum Throughput? - 1 GBit/s required

Because the FullCluster method utilizes (rather improperly) a multicast
address to address multiple firewall devices, you will never exceed the
maximum throughput available on a given interface.

For example, a 3-node cluster with 100Mbps Full-Duplex interfaces will max
out at 100Mbps (theoretical maximum).  Since traffic must be rebroadcast
to all interfaces in the cluster via the multicast address, all interfaces
will receive the traffic, even though one node actually ends up processing
it.

It would be possible to exceed the interface's capacity by utilizing
multiple interfaces (like an etherchannel configuration).  The stonebeat
HA software can be configured in a load-balancing configuration which may
produce a desired result.  Only 2 nodes could be used, though.

Peter Lukas