RE: [FW1] Get Pat to work with a DSL/CableModem line with little or no prob lem

What about the Cisco 675? It performs PAT or NAT and I have successfully
tested it with SecuRemote in non UDP encap. mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: Faulkner, Andy [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 9:25 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] Get Pat to work with a DSL/CableModem line with little or
no prob lem

All,

I have had to privilege to run across a product that a friend told me about
that allows multiple unregistered internal address to go out through your
DSL connection all using the same registered external address, hence using
Port Address Translation.  As far as I know this is pretty much the only box
out there that actually allows this translation to occur without having to
use UDP encapsulation on the firewall.  The box is a Nexland ISB2Lan-H4.  Go
to www.nexland.com for more info.  This is much simpler than the Linsys box
over all.  It has every feature the Linksys has except that this product
actually works using SecuRemote without having to have a one for one
translation.  This box has been tested with 3 unregistered internal
addresses going out as one registered address.  I am still working on
getting the Linksys router/modem to work using UDP encapsulation in
automatic mode and as soon as that happens smoothly I will post the results.
Feel free to email questions.

Andy Faulkner
[email protected]
Perot Systems