[FW1] 3+ Firewalls in State Sync?

I have a rather bizare network configuration in which
it is desirable to have 4 firewall modules servicing a
single gateway.

At the moment these are synchronised in pairs, but it
would be "nice" HA-wise if all of these could sync
together.

Has anyone had any successful experiences syncing more
than 2 firewalls together via sync.conf?

I've heard that it can be done but it isn't covered in
the manuals - but the limitations section does not
mention an upper limit.

Thanks,

Rich