Re: [FW1] Maximum Throughput? - 1 GBit/s required

Greetings!

Daniel Wirth wrote:

> for a project, we need to know the maximum throughput. Let's say we need 1
> GB/s per Node in a cluster. Is anyone experienced with such a bandwidth?

> What kind of hardware is to be used? I think of a Sun Enterprise 450 with 4
> CPUs or one of those new UltraSparc III machines.

As the filter module of Ckeckpoint's Firewall-1 runs in kernel-mode you won't
benefit from multiple CPUs - except if you are using security servers or encryption.

According to Ckeckpoint's performance brief
(http://www.checkpoint.com/products/firewall-1/pbrief.html) it does not seem likely
to reache the 1Gbit/s throughput you need.

Bye
    Volker

--

Volker Tanger  <[email protected]>
Sr. Security Engineer  Tel. +49-69-92901-570