RE: [FW1] Adaptec Quartet64 4-Port PCI NIC

No security risks -almost all Solaris firewall installations use quad Ethernets.
-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Burns [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 5:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Adaptec Quartet64 4-Port PCI NIC

Gurus,

Has anyone used the Adaptec Quartet64 4 port NIC on an NT FW-1 or VPN-1 installation? I have only a few PCI slots in my server and am looking for maximum port density in a multiple DMZ environment.

Each port acts as an individual NIC - but they all share a common PCI slot. Are there any security risks I should be worried about?

On the other hand - any recommendations for competing products?

Thanks,

Brian