From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of CryptoTech
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2000 9:20 AM
To: Brian Burns
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] Opinon Requested - to NAT or not to NAT DMZ Addresses

Speed.  Firewall load.  Latency.  NAT modifies every packet involved in the rule, and thus add latency.  If you are running 100mb or higher, you probably don't want to use nat

HTH,
CryptoTech

Brian Burns wrote:

I am doing a redesign of our existing network and have been asked to use private addressing with NAT. I am not pro/against it - but I have always used valid addresses on my DMZ servers. So... why would one want to use NAT on your DMZ devices? Comments? Brian