Re: [FW1] Partition for Solaris

Something else to think about: filesystem access
speed. That is, read/write head movement on your
drive.

I used to have large partitions -- then I made the
mistake of thinking about r/w head movement Yes, anal
-- I know :)

If you have partitions that are incredible in size
with free space -- your r/w head has to move past that
to get to the data on adjacent partitions. It would
seem to me that this would hurt performance a bit.

So, I cut most of them in half in hopes of boosting
disk read performance -- closing the gaps, if you
will.

 If one partition grows, no problem! I have all of
mine on seperate partitions -- so I can reallocate
space to any partition painlessly.

I'm just a newbie to this, though. Any experts have
some good input to share?

My $.01 -- Chris