From: Layne Meier [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 4:54 PM
To: Edward Kuhner
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] MRTG for Nokia IP440

MRTG typically requires SNMP to be running on your system.  Although a very
nice
tool (use it to monitor all of our Routers and Switches) I for one do not
recommend
you run SNMP on your Firewall.  At least not until the next generation of
SNMP
comes out that has some built in security.  This could compromise your
firewal
system.

Best of luck,
Layne Meier