[FW1] Securemote and DSL

I have a problem with a colleague's DSL

The box he has at home is a Netopia R3100-I
If I have Securemote running behind this box I can get the 'site' defined
but that's it. I can't 'tracert'.
If I kill the securemote I can 'tracert' to my site and I see that the DSL
provider is using a 10.x.x.x network internally
I am running IKE (pre-shared secret) latest SR and W2k

It all works great if I take DSL out of the loop.
Has anyone got this to work if so how?

Paul