[FW1] Fail over on two Cisco 2948GL3 switches

Hey all

Maybe this is more of a Cisco problem, but just in case. I was wondering if
any of you guys have had the same problem and know of a solution.

We have two FW-1-4.1-sp2 on two NT4-sp6a servers with a StoneBeat303 HA fail
over. The internal NICs are connected directly to the same vlan on two Cisco
2948GL3 switches, one firewall on each, and from the vlan we route traffic
to and from our internal net on another vlan on the same switches. The same
goes for the external FW-NICs. They're connected to their own vlan to which
our two Internet routers are also connected. As you can see we're trying to
avoid any SPF.

Unfortunately the fail over doesn't work. The Switch is made, but the
traffic keeps trying to go through the primary switch instead of the
secondary.

We reduced keep alive and TTL to next to nothing on the vlans and we've
disabled spanning tree also.

Strangely enough the fail over sometimes works from the secondary to the
primary firewall, but not every time.

Is this something any of you are familiar with? I'm pretty sure it's at
Cisco problem, but any input will be appreciated.

Sincerely