RE: [FW1] Multiple WAN Links.

The router itself you can get for around $1500  plus CSU/DSU or whatever module you need for the type of lines.
http://www.canada.cnet.com/shopping/resellers/0-95-0.html

Andrew Bagrin
Network Analyst

Regal Cinemas, Inc.
7132 Commercial Park Drive
Knoxville, TN 37918>>> "iden fw" <[email protected]> 11/07/00 10:52AM >>>
Andrew,
   Great information -- so the 36XX series router is not necessary.  Brings
the price-point down... What is the ball-park price of a 2524?
   I prefer to use BGP for circuit and routing redundancy as well.  I still
think that Rainfinity/Stonebeat definitely has a place -- but for load
balancing/failover/HA of the firewalls.

   As far as DSL, my opinion is that "it depends".  If you're close enough
to the CO to get 768k or better, I say go for it.  Especially because DSL
boxes like Netopia let you bond DSL circuits.

   One thing to consider with DSL is the provider -- does the DSL provider
own the local loop, DSLAM, network, and the router that your DSL connection
terminates on?  I have seen some ISPs that have telco carry the circuit to a
DSLAM owned by Rhytms/Northpoint/Covad/etc.  The DSL carrier then carries
the circuit across their network, where they hand it off to the ISP on a
DS-3 containing many DSL circuits.

-iden_fw

http://profiles.msn.com.