Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 7:48 AM
Subject: [FW1] Microsoft Media Player 7

Has anyone else seen some strange behavior with Media Player 7 and ICMP? Using a firewall as the default gateway for internal systems, MP seems to require the ability to ping and receive a response from the default gateway. However, if the firewall is configured not to all ICMP echo/reply messages, certain MP features do not operate.

Are there any settings in MP that turn off the behavior? I could also see this affecting VRRP configurations where, at present, pining the virtual IP address is not possible....

Regards,

--- Gavin