[FW1] Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 12:52:28 -0000

A couple of days ago all of my fws files got lost in my GUI. I managed to
solve this problem by deleting the fws files from my management station and
then using the fwm command to re-create them from their respective *.W
files. My query is, why would these files files have been lost?

The problem occurred when a colegue attempted to remove an object, they
received a warning message saying that teh object was being used in another
rule, which tehy ignored and removed the object. They then removed the
object from the objects file and went to verify the rulebase, this gave an
error on a NAT rule that the removed object had been in and we lost the
policy.

Any ideas why this would have had such harsh results???

Cheers
Greg

Vistorm "European ASP of the year"

CONFIDENTIAL
The contents of this email and any attachments may be
confidential.  It is intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other
person or make any copies.