[FW1] FW-1 v4.1 SP2

Hello

I had a go at installing SP2 for v4.1. THe instruction made it look simple.
When I added the patch using patchadd in Solaris 2.7 then it did not seem
very smooth.

I had the following error messages.

mv: cannot rename /etc/init.d/fw1bootd: No such file or directory
mv: cannot rename /etc/init.d/fw1boot: No such file or directory
Verifying sufficient filesystem capacity (dry run method)...
Installing patch packages...

Pkgadd failed. See /var/tmp/CPFWSP410002-01.log.4553 for details

Patchadd is terminating.

I looked at the log file which had the following

This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
will attempt to overwrite this package.

Dryrun complete.
No changes were made to the system.

This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
will attempt to overwrite this package.

cp: cannot create /opt/CPfw1-41/boot/S00fw1bootd.484721: No such file or
directory
cp: cannot create /opt/CPfw1-41/boot/S25fw1boot.484722: No such file or
directory
cp: cannot create /opt/CPfw1-41/boot/S31cphaboot.484723: No such file or
directory
cp: cannot create /opt/CPfw1-41/boot/fwboot.484724: No such file or directory
cp: cannot create /opt/CPfw1-41/boot/modules/fwipmod.5.x.o.484725: No
such file or directory
cp: cannot create /opt/CPfw1-41/boot/modules/fwmod.5.x.o.484726: No such
file or directory
cp: cannot create /opt/CPfw1-41/boot/ndd_post_fw.484727: No such file or
directory
ERROR: attribute verification of </opt/CPfw1-41/boot/S00fw1bootd> failed
    pathname does not exist
ERROR: attribute verification of </opt/CPfw1-41/boot/S25fw1boot> failed
    pathname does not exist
ERROR: attribute verification of </opt/CPfw1-41/boot/S31cphaboot> failed
    pathname does not exist
ERROR: attribute verification of </opt/CPfw1-41/boot/fwboot> failed
    pathname does not exist
ERROR: attribute verification of </opt/CPfw1-
41/boot/modules/fwipmod.5.x.o> failed
    pathname does not exist
ERROR: attribute verification of </opt/CPfw1-41/boot/modules/fwmod.5.x.o>
failed
    pathname does not exist
ERROR: attribute verification of </opt/CPfw1-41/boot/ndd_post_fw> failed
    pathname does not exist

Installation of <CPfw1-41> partially failed.

When I rebooted I found that it did not boot fw properly. It was missing
scripts from rc directories ao I restored them from backup. Then booted ok.
Checked the build and it had the right one for sp2. When I try to look at the
rules from the gui it  had nothing. I had to copy the object.C back to get the
rules back.

I tested it and it seems to work but I am not convinced about the patchadd of
sp2.Does anybody know how I can check to make sure the sp2 as gone in
ok. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.
     (:=)        Think Globally  Act Locally        (=:)

 (-:             Nagu                                :- )
                 Senior Network Tech
                 Southampton City Council - CPS
                 Tel :2     Mobile :- 0370-731534
                                      __o