RE: [FW1] Multiple WAN Links.

From: "Mark L. Decker" <[email protected]>
To: "'iden fw'" <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
CC: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [FW1] Multiple WAN Links.
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:52:52 -0800

<< Lots of good discussion snipped >>

> I think your estimate of $12,000 for an empty 3640 chassis > might be a bit high. Maybe not...

I wish it were.  List price for a Cisco 3640 chassis with IP-only IOS and
128M DRAM is US $12,260, and that's without any LAN/WAN cards, extra flash,
or anything.  Add 8MB flash, a 1E2W module and a T1 WIC, and you're up to
$15,460 for a typically configured unit, plus maintenance of $1,000 or more
per year.  They ain't exactly cheap. :-(

The only point that I would make is that you have to have a router for connectivity -- so the only price increase is the additional RAM, and if you are upgrading from a 26XX series to a 36XX series router (which is not inexpensice, granted).

Mark L. Decker
Rainfinity
[email protected]

-iden_fw