[FW1] Firewall Module

I need a firewall but the college does not want to pay the big price for the
Enterprize Manager Center, Firewall-1, and Floodgate. Is it possible to use
both Firewall-1 and Floodgate on the same computer without the EMC? A place
I called said NO but from all the info I can find I can't find anything out
there that tells me that I have to have the EMC. I will only have on site
(firewall) and at this time no VPN's but would like to use Checkpoint so
that when I can get the college to use VPN for the admissions people all I
will need is the EMC and VPN modules.

Can anyone tell me what problems if any I would have without the EMC? I
would be willing to forget the floodgate module just to get the Firewall-1
unlimited module to start with.

Thanks

Billy Geier
Network Administrator