[FW1] Anybody using redundant provider-1 setup?

Hi Checkpoint users,

anybody out there using provider-1 2000 in some kind of
redundant setup?

Wouldn't it be nice to have for example a secondary
cold-standby MDS maschine waiting for the master MDS to
crash. This scondary maschine would be able to take over
the MDS part while rebuilding the primary from backup data.

I'm not aware of any kind of HA software doing this out
of the box (including synchronisation of Provider-1 CMA
data)?!?

To keep it as easy as possible I'm thinking about doing
it by myself including basic script things to transfer
relevant data:
- install secondary P-1 while primary is disconnected
- shut the secondary P-1 service down
- setting up some stonebeat-like control interface
- transfer P-1 CMA data from master to secondary MDS
  within let's say every 15 Minutes in a secure way
  using control interface
Is something like this at least worth to try or am I
missing some point making the whole thing useless?

/walt

--
This isn't the last song - They don't know us, you see
It's only the last song - If you let it be"