RE: [FW1] MS File Sharing ports needed?

udp 135 is the dce rpc control port. It's used by rpc programs along with
some high ports (might be predefined). dce rpc can also be configured to use
tcp 135.

To map a share only tcp 139 is required. If you want name resolution you
might add udp 137+138. In w2k these ports have changed.

Lars

http://www.hotmail.com.