[FW1] Hybrid Mode IKE breaking the gateway VPN

Hi,

I have a strange issue with the implementation of Hybrid Mode IKE.

1/ First running 4.1 SP2 on the Nokia's with NT management server
2/ Gateway to gateway VPN using IKE with pre shared secrets.
3/ Using SecuRemote 4165 works ok.

Next when things go wrong, is when the implementation of Hybrid mode so
users can use Radius Authentication.
1/ Firstly I have followed the IKE implementation document is on the
Checkpoint Web site.
2/ I create the internalca on the management server
3/ After creating the certifcates for each of the firewall objects the
existing gateway to gateway VPN stops working.

What i can see happening is the gateways are trying to using the
certificates instead of the per shared keys, why is this happening and how
can i stop this?

What i do not understanding is why implementating hybrid hode IKE interfers
with the gateway VPN ?

If any one could help you assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have
spoken to a number of people at Checkpoint and there "should" not be any
issues.

thanks

Paul Carmichael
IT Security Engineer
SecureNet  Ltd
Level 3, 1 James Place,
North Sydney,
NSW 2000 AUSTRALIA

Ph: +61 2 9957 1000	Email: [email protected]
Fx: +61 2 9957 1111	Web : http://www.securenet.com.au