Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:24:49 -0600
From: Lou Sortman <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [FW1] log message queue is full

I get this too.  Unfortunately, the FAQ only mentions a case where the
logger isn't fast enough.  I suspect that in our case, it has quit
altogether; as opposed to simply falling behind.

Of course, when the problem comes up, I cannot get onto the
machine to try starting the logging daemon.  The console is
unresponsive, which, I assume, is what you mean by "the firewall
crashed".

I'm trying to work out something to fwstop/fwstart when the problem is
dected in the vain hope that it might actually fix it before the machine
gets wedged.  I'd rather it simply didn't happen in the first place.