RE: [FW1] NAT question

Dear Mr. Rajesh,

First of all, I am assuming that you are doing the NAT for the internal
machines for accessing the Internet on the interface which is connected to
your external router. Now, since the client for the connection is inside
your firewall, the translation would happen only on the external interface,
that too only after the spoofing and routing on the firewall kernel.

Since you would like to connect to the Web server on the DMZ ( I am assuming
that the DMZ is configured on one of the other interfaces of the firewall,
apart from the internal and external interfaces ) from the internal network,
the routing module sees the source IP as your internal IP and route it
directly to your DMZ interface. As I mentioned before, the translation
hasn't happened when the routing module comes into picture.

Hence your configuration would work directly. No modifications are required.

Regards

S Shankara Narayanan