Reading Archives (was RE: [FW1] FW performance)

<rant>
Sorry about the rant, but if readers of the list would just take a few
minutes to search the list archives, to find thier answer, it would greatly
reduce the volume of mail going through the listserve.

I like reading mail from this list. There are alot of technically savy
people to learn from.
But simple questions like this one and others, is what prevents me (and Im
sure other readers)from reading a good majority of the mail that comes
through the list. (I have like
~5000 emails from the list,which are not read, because I just dont have time
to wad through it all.

Would others agree/disagree?

I just dont like the fact that, whenever someone has a question, they
immediatley shoot an email to the list (Even email that does not pertain to
FW-1)
Learning is good, when one *tries* to find the answer. Learning is not good,
when you dont put anything into it, and just turn to someone else to give
the answer.

Im not pointing out anyone in particular, just trying to put some shape to
what comes through the list.
</rant>