From: Amit Saha [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 11:40 PM
To: Fw-1-Mailinglist (E-mail)
Subject: [FW1] Securemote Issues - Urgent

Dear All,

I have run into some rough weather. I wanted some help urgently. I have 2
locations separated by a long distance. At locaiton A there is a FW with
mgmt server. At location B there is only fw module. The location A mgmt
server is used to control the location B. Now there are securemote clients
installed across both the places. Now i have created different encryption
domains for each location. There are servers at both locations. There is no
WAN connectivity between location A & B, only internet connectivity.

Also, i believe that in the securemote client, when u add  a site, u have to
give mgmt server ip address. But then how will the users connect to server
at location B. I dont want them to go to location B again thru the VPN
established between sites A & B and waste precious internet bandwidth.
Instead, is there some way the securemote clients connect to the mgmt server
only for key exchange and then establish a tunnel with fw module at loc B
for accessing server located there?

This is a bit urgent and i have to give a soln. asap. So guys, do help me
out.

Warm Regards,

Amit Saha