[FW1] RE: installing VPN with DSL (PPPoE) - without attachment

Hi

I could try help you get the crappy enternet software working OR try this link above - I have used his software with a 1000% better success rate. Read his doc and try. I have attached the files needed as well. I think you will prefer this software.

Any feedback welcome.

Andrew Fullagar

Info from previous email ...........

Hi Bil

I found this DSL PPPoE software - Freeware - Works excellently well -+ 100kb - The great thing about it is it does not create a Network Adapter but only a Protocol. It works with win98 and win2k (actually designed for win2k.

There is also a bug in win98 SE which requires a Microsoft fix - also in link below.

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~normanb/

Only one thing may be needed, is to reduce the MTU size which is provided for in the readme. mine is currently 1400.

RUN ping -f -l 1492 x.x.x.x (and see if you get a response through the VPN.)

Good luck

Andrew Fullagar

Internet Security Engineer (CCA,CCSA,CCSE,CCNA)

Gigabytes Inc.

Tel:

Fax:(toll free)

Cel: