RE: [FW1] SecuRemote into NATed network

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

How would a SecuRemote config look like in the following environment?

internet------ VPN-1 ------- LAN
                             (among others: host HERBERT)

Assume that the official network address is 196.66.66.0/24 (Class C)
Internal network is 192.168.66.0. VPN-1 is doing static NAT for
HERBERT, internal address 192.168.66.11, valid (external) address is
196.66.66.11. VPN-1 is also doing hide NAT for the LAN, valid address
for the network is 196.66.66.254.

The firewall object has VPN settings:
Domain = other = group-securemote-test. Only member of group object
group-securemote-test is host HERBERT.
This is exportable. Encryption scheme is FWZ, encapsulation for
SecuRemote is enabled. A uer is defined with FWZ encryption
(DES,DES,MD5) enabled.

The SecuRemote client is able to update the site. When I try to telnet
to the valid address od HERBERT, SecuRemote asks me for my
authentication. The the telnet client tries to connect to HERBERT, but
the connection gets dropped at the firewall.

The rules are

securemote-user@any   group-securemote-test  telnet   client-encrypt

as allow rule for the telnet connection and

any                   any                    any      drop

as the famous last words.

When the securemote user gets authenticated, I can see an authcrypt
entry in the log with the allow rule as matching rule number, but the
following telnet connection gets dropped at the last rule.

What's going wrong here? Where's my mistake?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Jörg

// pallas  GmbH  ............  Joerg Oertel  ...........
   Hermuelheimer Str. 10       System engineer
   D-50321 Bruehl, Germany     [email protected]
                               phone  +49-(0)2232-1896-0
   http://www.pallas.de        fax   +49-(0)2232-1896-29