From: Reynolds, Tom [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 25 October 2000 20:42
To: 'Goodwin, Russell'; '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: [FW1] SecureRemote and Rulebases

If you setup your Secure Remote correctly, you might find that getting
OUTLOOK to talk to Exchange might be one of the easiest things you'll need
to do.  We had no issues with Outlook Connectivity.  We use an Lmhosts file
for name resolution, and as I look at the FW logs, I see port 135, 1046, and
1081 connectivity, all being decrypted properly.
We have a separate rule for VPN traffic, vpnusers@any - EncryptionNetworks -
Any - ClientEncrypt.  We also created a separate pool of addresses for
SecureRemote clients coming for the internet to be NATed to.  As long as the
server you need access to is in the EncryptedNetworks object, you'll be
fine.

Tom Reynolds, MCSE, CCNA
Pilgrim Baxter and Associates
Network Security and Engineering