From: Joerg Oertel [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 9:08 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] SecuRemote into NATed network

Hi gang,

I have a general question.

We're doing static NAT for the host HERBERT we're trying to telnet to.
We're doing hide NAT for the complete class C network HERBERT belongs
to.
Without SecuRemote we can access HERBERT from the internet (as long as
a appropriate rule is implemented).

                                                         192.168.1.1
SecuRemote Client --------------- FW-1 4.1 SP2 ------------HERBERT

                                                    Other hosts
                                                   (192.168.1.x)

Someone told me that it's not possible to use Securemote to connect to
a host that is in a NATed network. Is that true?

Kind regards,

Jörg

// pallas  GmbH  ............  Joerg Oertel  ...........
   Hermuelheimer Str. 10       System engineer
   D-50321 Bruehl, Germany     [email protected]
                               phone  +49-(0)2232-1896-0
   http://www.pallas.de        fax   +49-(0)2232-1896-29