RE: [FW1] mmm........ no comment ?

It seems that anytime the FWCONFIG command is run and the GUI
Clients option is selected, fwconfig is actually performing a CAT > under
the covers, which of course, wipes out the current contents of the file
in "favor of the new matrix" (Spock, Star Trek II, Wrath of Kahn).

The better way is to manually edit the file like you did and add your IP
to the list.

David C. Diemer, CCSA, CNE
Enterprise Security Firewall Engineer
Georgia Department of Administrative Services (DOAS)
[email protected]>>> Steven Zimmerman <[email protected]> 10/25/00 01:58AM >>>

Only time this happened to me was when one of my customers went into
fwconfig (now cpconfig on 4.1) and played with the gui clients option.  If
you select modify and do not add what is there, it will of course delete all
existing entries.

Steven Zimmerman
CIO
IR Network Solutionsfax