Re: [FW1] 3DES upgrade

Which distribution of FW-1 do you have. Does it say CPMP-EVAL2000-1-DES-V41
on the box? (In that case you should get the CD's for 3DES also)

Nico

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 11:33:25AM +0100, Moffat, Ian wrote:

> We have recently upgraded our v4.1 FW1 to 3DES - I have installed the new
> features and licence string and configured my own firewall object to use IKE
> Encryption with domain set to local LAN I then selected 3DES and preshared
> secret.  These setting s were repeated on the remote firewall.  I then
> inserted two rules before the stealth rules allowing access between both
> networks and firewalls with an action of encrypt.
>
> The problem is when I double click on the Encrypt Action and choose to edit
> the Encryption Algorithm I only have the option for DES or DES-40CP there is
> no 3DES option as there should be.   I have tried reinstalling the whole
> firewall but it makes no difference - any ideas would be welcome.
>
> Regards
>
> Ian

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/NEE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: [email protected]