From: Claussen, Ken [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 24 October 2000 21:50
To: 'Michael J. Huber'; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] Sender:
[email protected]

Rule 0, means that your "Implied-Pseudo" rules are what has caused the
packet to be discarded. If you choose View\Implied Pseudo Rules from the
security policy manager it will make these rules visible. In ours we have a
rule for passive-ftp, which is probably what is causing your problem,
unfortunately I do not have a fix for you. These rules are chosen when you
apply a policy to your site (according to Checkpoint docs) and are not
directly editable. In other words you need to choose a new policy template
to change these rules. This is the information I came across while searching
for info on accessing remote subnets through a FW-1. HTH

Ken Claussen MCSE CCNA CCA
IT Coordinator
Retail Planning Associates-----Original Message-----