[FW1] mmm........ no comment ?

Hi,

When I arrived this mornin, tried to log onto the policy editor, I got error
message " no response from server / verify if you are an auth GUI client "

I am familiar with the error message , so I ssh onto the management station.
and notice no entries in /etc/fw/conf/gui-clients. I edit it , add my ip and
now im able to connect with the policy editor again.

Nothin serious I suppose, just interesting I really do not understand how
something like that can just happen. What else might be happening that I am
not aware of.... maybe a rule suddenly decides to change itself to ANY--
ANY-- ANY-- ACCEPT ????

anyways dont want to start any flame wars, just thought someone else might
have come accross a similar situation with no entries in gui-clients file
and know what could maybe cause it ?

E.