From: Claussen, Ken [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 24 October 2000 16:58
To: 'Murphy, Paul'; Claussen, Ken; Fw-1-Mailinglist (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [FW1] Remote Subnet access through FW-1 4.0

Yes we added a route to the remote subnet through the NT command line route
-p add 192.168.x.x mask 255.255.255.0 and it shows up in if you do a Route
print. This machine is the default gateway for internal employees and it is
able to respond to them with the correct routing information, according to
tracert all traffic for this subnet first receives information from the
firewall corresponding to the routers interface through which it needs to
pass. This all works internally. My thought was that when Microsoft created
RRAS they did a thing where it would add routes for you to the routing table
and had its own internal routing table seperate from the one NT uses. My
question is does Firewall-1 use the default routing table for NT or does it
have its own internal table to provide routing lookups?

Ken Claussen MCSE CCNA CCA
IT Coordinator
Retail Planning Associates-----Original Message-----