From: Ben Cuthbert [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 23 October 2000 22:24
To: Firewall Mailing List
Subject: [FW1] FW-1 Setup

Hi all

could some tell me if this firewall setup would work

i have a range of ip address lets say

10.10.10.40  to 10.10.10.70

my router that is by my provider is 10.10.10.39

my firewall has 2 interfaces

on that faces the router 10.10.10.40
and on that faces local net 10.10.10.41

now my windows machine on the internal network is 10.10.10.45
and what i was trying to do is disable the arp requests on the firewall
and add then statically ,

so i would give my windows machine something like this

arp -s 10.10.10.45 and then mac address of the internal interface of the
firewall

if it did this would it work

bec i am have problems trying to get this setup to work