From: Jonathan E. Lyons [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 11:22 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Checkpoint Secure SMTP acting as SPAM Relay..

Hello all,
        Currently I'm trying to limit the number of SPAM messages that my
Checkpoint FW-1 4031 is relaying, but only having limited successes. My
setup is;

Checkpoint SMTP
Trend Micro VirusWall
Exchange Server

What I've been trying to do is add a rule statement that will block
unauthorized e-mails from entering my VirusWall, and being relayed by the
Checkpoint SMTP server. I can setup exchange not to relay, but the
Checkpoint SMTP server is relaying messages and not forwarding (ALL)
e-mails to my exchange server(I can verify this by stop exchange services,
and I can still bounce messages off the Checkpoint Fire wall). I've found
some promising info on phone boys site, which seems to work, but only for
my first domain, I current have 3 domains. Is there something wrong with
the syntax I'm using? *@{domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com} I can
receive mail from the first domain, but the rest are deined.

Any suggestion would be helpful, I'd rather not have all these unwanted
e-mails forwarded to my exchange server, since then I'm virus scanning
someone else mail.. :)

Your Resource should have the following fields defined:

     Mail Server (under General tab). This is optional. Put the IP address
of your inbound server here. If you have more than one SMTP
     Server, enter them in the format {ip-address-1,ip-address-2,...}
     Notify Sender on Error (under General tab). Check this if you want to
notify the sender their message has been rejected or in case of some
     other problem.
     Recipient (under the Match tab). This should read *@yourdomain.com. If
you have multiple domains, it should read
     *@{yourdomain.com,yourotherdomain.com,...}
     Sender (under the Match tab). This should be configured with a * to
match all incoming mail.
     Don't Accept Mail Larger Than (under the Action 2 tab). This should be
set appropriately. The default is 1000k (or roughly a megabyte).

Jonathan E. Lyons
FreeBSD, MCSE, A+, CCNA
www.parrothd.com
ICQ # 14226912