RE: [FW1] Customer Log Module

Hi,

A customer log module is essentially a cut down version of the management
station.

Typically you would use it in one of two scenarios

Provider-1 or

If you have a customer or are a customer with lots of Firewalls, you could
setup CLM's and then
modify the conf/masters or create a conf/loggers file with the IP address of
the CLM machine (if using
masters then insert a + before the IP address)

The Firewalls will then log to the CLM machine.  Note that if logging and
management are on two different
machines, then you will find when you connect to the managment station to
view your policy, and launch the
log view tool, you will see nothing.  You will have the launch the log view
tool seperately to view the
logs from the CLM server.  I wish checkpoint would fix this as it is a pain.

Also you will need to create gui-clients and setup administrators on the clm
(based on my experiences anyway).

Anyone else care to add some wisdom to this.

kind regards
Inti