RE: [FW1] Authenticating to an NT domain through Checkpoint 4.1

Last year we ran into this problem.  Parent company has PDC, 10.x.x.x,
staticly NATed to 208.x.x.x, goes through extranet, enters our network,
reaches our PDC, 192.168.x.x staticly NATed to 207.x.x.x, but instead of
return data going back to 208.x.x.x, data got lost on our network trying to

PDC1 10.x.x.x NAT 208.x.x.x --- fw -extranet- cisco --- 207.x.x.x NAT
192.168.x.x PDC2

It was only after we SNIFFED the packets coming from the PDC did we realize
why the data was not going back to the 208.x.x.x address.  The parent
companies PDCs address of 10.x.x.x was in the data portion of the packet and
therefore not NATed, the the PDC was trying to authenticate back to that
address, irrelavent of the NATed source 208.x.x.x address it came from.

At the time the parent had used Cisco PIX, we had small Cisco 2500 doing
only NAT, and the trust worked.  Parent moved to IBM and trust broke.  We
never resolved why it worked with PIX but didn't with IBM's firewall.