Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:28:06 -0400
From: MikeCC <[email protected]>
Subject: [FW1] Mime-Version: 1.0

I am attempting to install a FW-1 on Solaris 2.7.  When I attempt to
install the policy I get the following error.

Installing Security Policy Oct18-2000.pf on all.all@firewall
Has only loopback(lo) interface, aborting...
Failed to Load Security Policy: No Such File or Directory
Installing Security Policy on localhost (firewall) failed

fw ctl iflist confirms the firewall sees only lo0 although I have five
other interfaces (qfe0-3 and hme0) which are plumbed, up and working (I can
ping and telnet etc to them).

I tried fw ctl uninstall and fw ctl install to try and get it to read them
with no success.

/etc/fwboot/if.dev contains the qfe type.

I have seen that others who have seen a similar problem have talked about
the installation not creating links to the start up scripts in rc2.d and
rcS.d.  fw1boot rc init scripts.

I think I have the same problem but I do not know for sure and I do not
know which scripts need to be linked to which directories under which names.

Can anyone tell me what else might be the problem or where to find the
details I need to recreate those proper fwboot rc init scripts or proper links?

thank you

MikeCC