From: "Roßmanith, Peter" [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 8:46 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] where to set up black hole detection

Hi world,
Problem:
I have my fw connected to the internet with a permanent and a backupline.
If the backupline is aktiv the traffic will be tunneled (ip tunnel)
In this case the packets between to firewalled locations are getting to big
an will be dropped (seems so).
Now:
If i enable the Black Hole Detection Algorithmus (Technet article q136970
and q241985) on the involved machines
all works fine and the connection keeps alive.

Question:
Has anyone a similar problem with a solution ?
Where is the best place to enable the Black Hole Detection, on FW or on the
involved machines ?
Is there a security risk if it is enabled on the fw´s (does it work ?).

Best Regard
Peter