[FW1] BMC Patrol

Does anyone have any experience with allowing BMC Patrol through
Firewall-1 4.0 ?

Our Patrol people tell me that they need to run it on TCP, as UDP isn't
working for them or something.   However, they say (and the
documentation agrees) that with TCP you can't tie down the port.
Apparently it uses 1987 to initiate a connection, but then negotiates a
"pseudo-random" port number for that connection, anything above 1500.
Is there any way around this ?   To me it doesn't seem too different
from what ftp or sqlnet2 do, so I thought perhaps there might be a way
to recognise this on the Firewall ?   The Patrol doco says there isn't.

Cheers,

Daniel