[FW1] VPN between 3.0b and 4.0

I have been trying to get VPN to work between a 3.0b and 4.0 box.

I basically followed the recommendations in
http://support.checkpoint.com/kb/docs/public/firewall1/3_0b/pdf/net_netenc.p
df.

I have been UNSUCCESSFUL in using FWZ-1 and/or SKIP encryption, the only
other option that 3.0b offers is Manual IPSec...which seems to work...well,
kinda.   _CAN_ tunnel from 4.0 to 3.0b!  Ping, traceroute, web, etc. all
work!  BUT... I _CANNOT_ tunnel from 3.0b to 4.0!  Go figure!

Is there something that I am missing?  When I watch the logs, I can see 3.0b
ENCRYPT the packet, but I never see a DECRYPT, nor an attempt to connect to
4.0.  Is it even possible to get a working tunnel from 3.0b to 4.0?

--Omar

--------------------------------
Omar A. Vega, MCP
Manager
Network Services
DSI - Data Systems InternationalFAX
<mailto:[email protected]>

----------  Internet E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer  ----------

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message.  If
you are not the addressee indicated in this message or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby on notice
that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify
the sender by reply e-mail.  Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

given nor endorsed by it.