Re: [FW1] stopping AOL instant messenger

Souhela 8,

You need to first to an nslookup for 'login.oscar.aol.com(below).'
This hostname is the server that AOL Instant Messenger clients
login to.

> login.oscar.aol.com
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  172.16.16.254

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    login.oscar.aol.com
Addresses:  205.188.7.176, 205.188.7.164, 205.188.7.168, 205.188.7.172

Then you need to create an object for each IPaddress that responds for
login.oscar.aol.com. Put each object into a group, you can call it 'AIM
Servers.' Then you need to create a rule which drops traffic to those
servers(below).

Src     Dst             Srv     Act     Trk
'LAN'   'AIM Servers'   Any     Drop    Log

You should be all set.

Thanks,
-nickozmore

--
------------------------------------
Nick Ozmore

souhela 8 wrote:

> Can someone please help me on this as soon as possible?
> I want to stop users from using AOL instant messenger. How can I stop this
> traffic through our firewall? I have one firewall server.

begin:vcard
n:Ozmore;Nick
tel;pager:tel;fax:tel;work:x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.ind.alcatel.com
org:Alcatel Internetworking.
adr:;;100 Nagog Park;Acton;MA;01720;
version:2.1