Von: Steve Berg [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Montag, 16. Oktober 2000 21:23
An: [email protected]
Betreff: [FW1] FW1 and Win2K - Interface problems

Hey People,

I have a question (and please don't bag for using FW1 on a Micro$oft box!!).

I've loaded FW1 v4.1 SP2 on a Win2K box and get the following error when
trying to install the policy:

        Installing Security Policy Standard on all.all@fw1
        Unable to open '\Device\FW1': The system cannot find the file
        specified.
        Failed to get interface list: The system cannot find the file
        specified.
        Has only loopback (lo) interface, aborting...
        Failed to Load Security Policy: The system cannot find the file
        specified.
        Installing Security Policy on localhost(fw1) failed

I've loaded a heap of FW1 instances on Solaris boxes and haven't had a
problem in the past.  I'm hoping this is a common issue with FW1 on a
Windows box!!  It seems to have something to do with recognizing the
interface names.

How do you find the interface names on Win2K??  If you do an ipconfig - it
give you the 'friendly names' that you gave you network connections - and
not the REAL interface names (like qfe0 on a sun box!!).

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Thanks

Steve