-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Mike
Glassman - Admin
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 7:38 AM
To: 'fw-1 listserv'; 'FW-1 Wizards'; 'fw-gnac list'
Cc: Mike Glassman - Admin
Subject: [FW1] NT System Error Logs regarding FireWall feauthd unknown
reason

All,

Another question regarding my FW-1 (4.1) running on an NT server.

I noticed after a system crash today, that when the system came up, it
showed the following two errors that I do not recall seeing before, and I do
not know the meaning of (seems this is occurring a lot with me lately).

FireWall-1: fwauthd: Cannot run server polsrvd: Authentication services are
unavailable. Connection refused.

FireWall-1: fwauthd: Will try late... (19 times left)

And then, I get the standard :

FW1SVC: Fetching Security Policy from localhost succeeded.

Anyone know what the first two messages are refering to ?

It would seem to have something to do with VPN (I think), but I have a temp
license for this, and all looks fine in the system params.

All replies gratefully acknowledged.

Mike Glassman
System & Security Admin
Israeli Airports Authority
Ben-Gurion Airport
http://www.ben-gurion-airport.co.il

Tel : 972-3-9710785
Fax : 972-3-9710939
Email : [email protected]

Usage of this email address or any email address at iaa.gov.il for the
purpose of sales pitches, SPAM or any other such unwanted garbage, is
illegal, and any person, whether corporate or alone doing so, will be
prosecuted to the fullest possible extent.