Antwort: [FW1] Static arp entries for NAT

Hi Brad,

> One of the docs on phoneboy's page talks about setting up static arp entries
> when doing NAT.  Solaris only allows an ARP entry for a host that is directly
> attached to one of its networks.  Since the NATed address is not really on
> any network, the OS won't let me add an ARP entry.  Did I mis-read something,
> or is everyone getting this done somehow?

that Solrais only allows static arp entries for its own known networks makes
sense.
You have to configure this entry on your FWs external NIC.
I´m no real Solaris guy so on Linux you have to set the "pub" after the arp
entry,

<IP> <MAC> pub

so it will be still in the arp table after a reboot.

Regards,

Marco

Brad Van Orden <[email protected]> am 17.10.2000 17:29:40

Bitte antworten an [email protected]