From: Ponte, Paul [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: lundi 16 octobre 2000 17:20
To: Fw-1-Mailinglist (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [FW1] SecuRemote/laptops and DHCP

We had the same sets of problems here.  We got past them by using AUTOEXECNT
from the NT resource kit and good old autoexec.bat to do a ipconfig /release
and then ipconfig /renew on every boot.  Then, we trained the users to
always "shut down and restart" when connecting/disconnecting from the
network.  This works great for all users who do dial-up, but users who do
SecuRemote over a DSL or cablemodem connection need to also "kill" the
SecuRemote executable in the system tray.

We don't have any statically assigned IP's, but in your case I would make
those PC's DHCP clients and then put an address reservation into your DHCP
server so they always get the same IP.

Good luck!

Paul F. Ponte
Network Systems Administrator